Terms and Conditions
Daugherty Management, LLC Tenant home rental agreement for tenants.
Deposit & Cancellation Terms - A deposit equaling 50% of the reservation balance is required at time of booking to reserve and confirm your reservation. This deposit is collected and held by Daugherty Management (DM) and fully refundable, less a 10% cancellation fee, up until 90 days prior to arrival. Final balance is due 90 days prior to arrival date, at which point all monies are deemed non-refundable. All Daugherty Management properties require Tenant to be at least 32 years old to book a reservation.
No refunds will be given for reasons including, but not limited to, family emergency, weather/environmental conditions, sickness, death, and/or any other reason of or relating to a known pandemic. Travel insurance policies are highly recommended, and are offered to our guests through Rental Guardian at a cost of 7% or 10.8% of your reservation total, depending on the level of policy coverage you select.
Online Travel Agency Policies - If you book through an OTA (Online Travel Agency) like, Airbnb, Vrbo, Booking.com, etc., your reservation is subject to that agency's payment schedule and cancellation policy, which may differ from our standard payment schedule and cancellation policy.
Terms of the Agreement:
- Check-in time is 4:00PM, and check-out time is 11:00AM.
- The Landlord has the right to inspect the premises without prior notice at any time to enforce the terms of this agreement. Should the Tenants violate any of the terms of this agreement, the rental period shall be terminated immediately. The Tenants waive all rights to process if they fail to vacate the premises upon termination of the rental period. The Tenants shall vacate the premises at the expiration time and date of this agreement.
- If a landline is provided at the home, it is to be used for local telephone calls - please use your cell phone for long distance or international calls. Emergency medical, police and fire service can be called by dialing 911.
- The Tenants shall maintain the premises in a good, clean, and ready to rent condition, and use the premises only in a careful and lawful manner. The tenants shall follow the "check out procedures" found in the home handbook. Tenants shall pay for maintenance and repairs should the premises be left in a lesser condition.
- The Tenants shall dispose of all waste material generated during the rental period in a lawful manner and put the trash in the garbage cans. Please note any weekly garbage pick up day, if applicable, and bring garbage cans to curb the evening before. Tenant is cautioned not to leave trash outside for long periods of time because it attracts animals.
- The Tenants shall pay for any damage done to the premises over and above normal wear and tear.
- Not all properties allow pets. No animals or pets of any kind will be brought onto the Premises, unless approved by Landlord and Pet Agreement has been completed prior to Tenant arrival. Only domesticated dogs will be considered, with a limit of either 1 or 2 total dogs, depending on the specific property. Any other type of animal/pet will not be approved and are prohibited from entering the Premises. Pet approval will be subject to a $125 non-refundable fee, per pet. Tenants found to have had unauthorized pet(s) at the Premises will be charged for any and all professional cleaning, carpet cleaning, and upholstery cleaning necessary to remove all signs of pet including, but not limited to, pet hair/dander/waste from the Premises.
- Tenant acknowledges that there are to be no weddings, bachelor or bachelorette parties, or events of any kind, at the Premises.
- Tenants shall have no more than the agreed upon maximum guests reside or sleep on the Premises. RVs, camper trailers, motorhomes, tents, or the like, are *not* allowed at Premises at any time. Even upon receiving consent to have the aforementioned items allowed at Premises, under no circumstances will anyone be permitted to reside or sleep in any of the aforementioned items, or attach/connect any aforementioned items to Premises' utilities and/or otherwise.
- The Tenants shall behave in a civilized manner, and shall be good neighbors, respecting the rights of the surrounding property owners. The Tenants shall not create noise or disturbances likely to disturb or annoy the surrounding property owners. Creating a disturbance of the above nature shall be grounds for immediate termination of this agreement and Tenants shall then immediately vacate the Premises. Quiet hours are from 10pm - 8am.
- There shall be no smoking in or on the Premises.
- Landlord shall provide towels, linens, cups, knives, forks, spoons, dishes, and other items as commonly used by the Landlord’s family. No reimbursement will be made for unused consumables left at the Premises. If consumables exist at the Premises when the Tenant arrives the Tenant is free to use them.
- The Tenants and Tenants' Guests shall hereby indemnify and hold harmless the Landlord, Daugherty Management LLC, owner and employees of Daugherty Management, LLC and the owner of these premises against any and all claims of personal injury or property damage or loss arising from use of the premises regardless of the nature of the accident, injury or loss. Tenants expressly recognize that any insurance for property damage or loss which the Landlord may maintain on the property does not cover the personal property of Tenants, and that Tenants should purchase their own insurance for Tenants and Guests if such coverage is desired.
- Tenants agree to pay all reasonable costs, attorney's fees and expenses that shall be made or incurred by Landlord enforcing this agreement.
- Tenants expressly acknowledge and agree that this Agreement is for transient occupancy of the Premises, and that Tenants do not intend to make the Premises a residence or household.
- We occasionally experience power outages that are beyond our control. We try to report outages as each occurs. No refunds or compensation will be given for any outages.
- There shall be no refunds of rents due to shortened stays or ruined expectations because of weather or environmental conditions including, but not limited to, weather, air quality, water quality, snow conditions, etc.
- If the property should go on the MARKET FOR SALE, it may be shown to qualified buyers during the Tenants’ stay. Every effort will be made to schedule the showing at a convenient time and not interrupt the Tenant’s vacation. Tenant shall allow reasonable viewings of the home between 10 am and 4 PM, Tenant present or not.
- There shall be no refunds of rents because of shortened stays or ruined expectations due to work and family emergencies or other commitments.
- It is the Tenant’s responsibility to learn about safety precautions, warning signs of water conditions, and safety procedures around being in the lake and/or a hot tub. Tenant agrees to have a responsible adult supervising minors while they are in/around water. Tenant is hereby notified that the lake can be dangerous and tenant accepts fully the risks involved.
- Only legally owned and permitted firearms shall be allowed on the Premises according to State and local laws.
- Tenant agrees that Fireworks and other hazardous materials shall not be used in or around the Premises.
- Tenant shall use the property for legal purposes only and other use, including but not limited to, illegal drug use, abuse of any person, harboring fugitives, etc. ; shall cause termination of this Agreement with no refund of rents or deposits.
- Tenant agrees not to access any “owner’s closet”, even if unlocked, which contains cleaning supplies and chemicals that could be hazardous to children and adults.
- Tenant is advised that the Premises may contain a gas stove and cook top, gas heating, gas grill, and other gas powered items and will seek help from management if the proper operation of such items is not fully understood.
- Landlord believes the Premises has a fire extinguisher onsite and accessible to Tenant. It is the duty of Tenant to inform Landlord immediately should the fire extinguisher be missing or become less than fully charged. Tenant agrees to use the fire extinguisher for emergencies only.
- The Premises has fire alarms installed and they are believed to function properly at the time of rental. Tenant will notify Landlord without delay if a fire alarm “chirps”, or has a low battery condition, or if Tenant otherwise believes fire alarm(s) is/are not operating correctly.
- Tenant shall see to their own security while in the Premises by locking doors, windows, garage doors, etc. when prudent to do so.
- Valuable items left behind by Tenant, if found, will be held for the Tenant and every reasonable effort will be made to contact the Tenant for return. Unclaimed items will become property of Landlord after 30 days from Tenant departure date. The Landlord shall not be held liable for condition of said items.
- TV service is provided at a limited number of properties managed by Landlord. If service is provided at Premises, no refund of rents shall be given for outages, content, lack of content, or personal preferences with regard to TV service.
- High speed wireless internet is provided as a convenience only and is not integral to the Agreement. No refund of rents shall be given for outages, content, lack of content, speed, access problems, lack of knowledge of use, or personal preferences with regard to internet service.
- Tenant agrees that Air conditioning shall not be set below 70 degrees and heat shall not be set above 76, and that the fan setting on the thermostat shall be “Auto”. Doors and windows shall be closed while either heat or air conditioning is in operation.
- While best efforts are made to have onsite amenities available and operational at all times, sometimes appliances and other amenities quit working. Landlord will make every effort to have amenities and appliances operational during your stay, but Landlord cannot guarantee functionality and no refund of rents shall be given for appliances and/or amenities that are not operational. Amenities include, but are not limited to, air conditioning, internet, hot tubs/saunas/steam rooms, boat lifts, kitchen appliances, washer/dryer, etc.
- The Tenants shall not sublet the property.
By booking this reservation you agree to abide by these Terms and Conditions. Should you have any questions that our office may answer, please contact Daugherty Management at [email protected] or call 208-263-1212. Our office hours are Monday through Friday, 9am-5pm, PST.